Inspections Inspection of Installations
According to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (ARBO), you are obliged to ensure that your electrical installation and equipment is safe to use for the employees and visitors of your company.
Among other things, the NEN 3140 and the NEN 1010 standards give substance to these set requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (ARBO).
In addition to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, periodic inspections are often required in the conditions of a fire insurance policy. If the inspection is not demonstrable, then the damage, caused by a possible fire, is often only paid partially or sometimes not paid at all by the insurer.
Electrical Integrity Inspection can provide completely independent advice by means of its expertise and experienced employees.
Together with the (installation) controller, we will draw up an inspection plan that gives a clear picture of the scope and execution of the inspection.
Of course, during our work, we will always try to burden you as little as possible.
As according to the standard, our inspection consists of a visual component, measurements and tests.
With a visual check, it is checked whether:
- The installation drawings and schedules are present and up-to-date;
- All installation parts are clearly recognizable;
- Present damage does not constitute a hazard;
- The switching equipment is in accordance with the standards;
- The space around switch boxes is easily accessible and free of obstacles;
- The connections of the earth wires are decent;
- The security devices are present and well set up;
- The safety chains are decent.
During the measurements it is checked whether:
- The resistance of the protective conduit is sufficient;
- The circuit impedance of the power supply is sufficient;
- The earth spread resistance of the earth electrode is sufficient;
- The insulation resistance of the installation satisfies;
- Separation of power chains satisfies;
- Contact current and response time of the earth leakage switches and earth leakage circuit breakers comply;
- The overcurrent protection works correctly;
- The protection against thermal overload is working correctly and is set;
- The safety chains work and are adequate;
- Connections are properly applied.
We are also able to carry out a thermographic investigation, in consultation, during the inspection to detect any undesirable heat developments in switching and distribution devices.
Would you like to have an inspection carried out on your electrical installation?
If you have any questions or if you would like to receive a free quote, please contact us.
We can be reached via: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +31 (0) 88-520 21 00.